Workshop for African States Parties in Botswana – 15 & 16 April 2013
On the invitation of Botswana, Liechtenstein and the Global Institute for the Prevention of Aggression, Representatives from 26 African States Parties met in Gaborone, Botswana to discuss the ratification and implementation of the Kampala Amendments. The results of the workshop have been captured in a joint communiqué.
More details are available in the summary report of the workshop, available in English and French.
Statements were made by several high-level attendees including
- Ian Khama, President of Botswana
- Ban Ki-moon, Secretary General of the United Nations, message delivered by Zachary Muburi-Muita, head of the UN Office to the African Union
- Aurelia Frick, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Liechtenstein
- Dikgakgamatso Ndelu Seretse, Minister of Defence, Justice and Security of Botswana
- Andries Nel, Deputy Minister of Justice and Constitutional Development of South Africa
- Christian Wenaweser, Permanent Representative of Liechtenstein to the UN